- ”EUROPE: CURRENT ISSUES AND FUTURE DIRECTIONS” Thursday 29 August 2013, from 6 – 7:30pm, Location: Marjoribanks 126 SANTOS Lecture Theatre, Level 1, 10 Pulteney Street (Corner Nth Terrace/Pulteney), Adelaide
- The English language debate has been about when/how the Euro-$ would collapse, but in other cultures it has been about doing what was needed to keep it together. It was the same in the mid 90s on whether the European Monetary Union would be created at all. Well, the challenges are not over yet. And Italy is a major node of the challenges!
- On. Marco Fedi talks about how policy makers have met the challenges so far, and what they see as the path ahead. This will be followed by a brief investment outlook by Darryl Gobbett,Chief Economist and Adviser at Prescott Securities.
- Light refreshments and drinks will be provided, please register online.
- RSVP and flyer
- ARIA-SA Forums at ‘Italian Carnevale Festival’, at the Adelaide Showground, on 9-10 February 2013, see flyer:
- Science and Art in the Renaissance, Prof. Marcello Costa
- The Making of a Language: where did Italian come from? Cav. Prof. Desmond O’Connor
- How Galileo changed the worlds of Art and Science, Prof. Marcello Costa
- Variations of Carnevale across Italy, Dr Ignazia Nespolo
- The Vineyard of the Future, Dr Roberta De Bei
- The Art and Science of growing your own food, John Lamb, Pat D’Onofrio
- Workshop: ‘Emerging mechanisms of legislative and political power in response to irregular migration’, at Flinders University Victoria Square, Adelaide, 9am-5pm, on 6-7 December 2012. See flyer.
- This event is supported by the Academy of Social Sciences of Australia, the Ian Potter Foundation and ARIA-SA.
- ARIA-SA Forums at ‘Italian Carnevale Festival’, at the Adelaide Showground, on 11-12 February 2012
- Forum Saturday 11 February 2012: ‘I got used to the place and so I stayed’: Being Italian in Adelaide in the 1950s and 1960s. Cav. Prof. Desmond O’Connor, Dept. of Language Studies, Flinders University of South Australia
- Forums Sunday 12 February 2012
‘The art and science of growing your own food’. Panel: Jon Lamb, Pat D’Onofrio, Johnny Marchioro, Frank Ballestri. An Italian-led revolution in gardening
- ‘The Ferrari mystique’. Daniele Tamagnone, Tecnico Ferrari e Maserati
- “Italian impact on the international codification movement: Zanardelli-Griffith Code and beyond”
- Loretta Napoleoni, Italian economist, author, journalist and political analyst. 24 and 25 October 2011, Adelaide. See flyer, event
- “Dinner Event: International Financial and Economic Conditions”, Ric Battellino, Deputy Governor of the Reserve Bank of Australia. Adelaide, 17 March 2011. See flyer, photos
- Forums at the Italian Carnevale (Adelaide), on Sat 12 Feb 2011:
- Cav. Prof Desmond O’Connor, “The Italian migrant experience in South Australia: the case of the Molfettesi.”
- Prof Marcello Costa, “Italian science Nobel Prize winners: their lives and contributions to world knowledge.”
- Dr Matteo Marangon, “Comparing the wines of Australia and Italy: varieties, techniques and styles.” See flyer, photos
- “Working out backpain”, Adelaide, 3 November 2010: Dr Phillip Donato, Chair, Chiropractic Board of Australia: “Understanding back pain”. Dr Orso Osti, Orthopaedic and spinal surgeon, “The back pain epidemic in the workforce: myth or reality?”. See flyer, photos
- “Federalism: Trends in Australia and abroad”, Adelaide, 22 July 2010, Cornelia Koch, The University of Adelaide, Geoff Anderson, Flinders University, Tommaso Coniglio, Consul of Italy for South Australia. See flyer, see video, see link of event on Flinders University website.